Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Finally Made A Decision

Some of you may remember a while ago when I asked for your help. (I Need Your Help) I was going to get myself a White Sox jersey for Christmas.

Well I never did. Now however thanks to my tax return I finally decided to buy one.

Who did I get?

It was so obvious from the beginning that I never even considered it.



When Aaron Rowand was traded to the Phillies for Jim Thome I was without a favorite White Sox. Now the obvious choice would have been Paul Konerko, but I tend to stay away from the studs when it comes to my favorites.

Joe Crede was an obvious choice. Long called Joey Clutch by friends and I, Crede has always been one of our favorites.

Even before last season. A couple of years ago if you asked me or Kevin who we wanted at the plate with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth, with runners on 2nd and 3rd, and the White Sox down 1 we would have said, "Joe Crede."

Keep in mind Joe is like a career .260 hitter. Not exactly impressive. The key is that Joe gets a hit every time it really matters. That didn't become evident to the rest of the nation til the playoffs last year, but Joey Clutch has been doing that for years.

All that along with the fact I spent the majority of my Little League career playing third base and it's a natural selection. From Robin Ventura to Joe Crede, I've seen some of the greatest defense ever played by a third baseman.

I never got to see Brooks Robinson play, but I doubt what he did could have been that much better than what I see Joe Crede do on a near daily basis.

It's gonna be an honor to wear that 24 jersey.

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

No comments: