Thursday, December 29, 2005

Movin On

Well tomorrow morning I have an appointment with Andrea of Homestead apartments. I am going to be looking at one of their one bedrooms. The idea of moving kind of just came as a whim. Ya I've wanted to for a while, but my mind has a tendency to change focus quickly. So I decided to go into this full blast so I get it done before a shiny object goes blowing by in the wind and I get distracted again. I've already seen the place online, and just want to see it in person. Make sure it's up to the Fornelli Standard. (Meaning the walls aren't covered in feces, and there are no rotting corpses in the tub.) I used to hate the idea of living alone for some reason, and now I can hardly wait for it. I'm just looking at this as the next chapter in my life, like maybe I'm finally starting to grow up. (Shudder.)

I've already promised the boys free beer and pizza in exchange for their physical labor should I take the apartment. The good news is the one I'm looking at is on the first floor, so we won't have to deal with the "Hey this couch wasn't too heavy on the 2nd floor" situations. Isn't that really what it's all about? Getting something good accomplished with the least amount of effort possible? I mean if that last sentence doesn't say America I don't know what does.

I'm also going to be putting some self imposed deadlines on myself for my sports column. Maybe force myself to sit down and write something twice a week. Though in order to do this I'm going to have to give it more of a local flavor. I'm thinking that if I do 2 a week, one could be Chicago based, and the other national. That way I can keep everybody interested, and not have to do too much work. (Theres that formula again!!) I mean I could crap out 5 great columns a week if they were all Chicago based cuz I do that in my head every second of the day anyway. When I'm sitting at work and my boss is explaining to me how he wants something of vital importance to be done the only thing I can hear is myself thinking "Dude, if the Seahawks lose in the playoffs before the NFC championship, and it's distinctly possible, then the Bears can easily cakewalk into the Super Bowl. Once they get there, even if they face the Colts we all saw what the Chargers did to Manning. I mean if they can chase him around like a toddler after a petrified housecat imagine what the Bears defense could do to him." Meanwhile visions of a Super Bowl trophy dance in my head.

Of course all this could just be cuz it's the end of the year, and for some reason we all think we have to change everything and anything about our lives at this time. I don't know. Only time will tell I guess.

Keepin It Real Since 1980,
Tom Fornelli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a line in Good Will Hunting about a one-room apartment that tips Minnie Driver off to the fact that Will is lying about having 11 brothers. It would be perfect to describe the one room palace that is La Casa de Fornelli. I wish I could think of it, or find it on the internet right now. Anyway, happy new year. Bulls in 6 in the Finals '06!