Friday, September 15, 2006

Failed Attempts at Humor

I want to start this entry off by letting you all know that I tried. I tried a few times, but I could never find a willing victim.

There will be no Prank Messenger this week, as I wasn't able to find anybody who would talk to me long enough to get an actual conversation going.

I almost had one guy, but just as I thought I had something, he stopped responding to me and signed off.

Me: Hello there.
Them: Hi
Me: How are you today?
Them: I'm ok, who is this?
Me:I'm sorry, my name is Esteban, and I work for an organization seeking your support.
Them: No thanks.
Me: Please let me explain?
Them: I'm not really interested.
Me: But you haven't even heard about who I work for.
Them:Fine, but hurry I have things to do.
Me:Thank you
Me: Well, like I said, my name is Esteban and I work for an organization called "Save Suri Cruise."
Them:Oooooooooooooook
Me: Do you know who Suri Cruise is?
Them:Yes.
Me: Have you seen pictures of her?
Them: Yes.
Me: Would you agree that Suri is the cutest alien you've seen since Gizmo in Gremlins?

And that's where it stopped. He wouldn't respond to that last question, and either signed off or blocked me shortly afterward.

I was hurt cuz I was going to take that theme to places never dreamed of!!

Yesterday I spent the day at the Brookfield Zoo with my Aunt Jane, Uncle John, my cousin's wife Mariah, and their two kids Cameron and Emily. They're all in town from Atlanta for the wedding this weekend.

What wedding?

My cousin Keith is getting married tomorrow, and it also marks the last day of my vacation from work. So I promise that with an open bar, I will be going out with a bang.

I've already got a pillow and blanket laid out on my lawn.

Oh, how I loved not working for a week. Even if I didn't see a single ray of sunlight until yesterday. I don't care if it's perpetually cloudy and rainy, and in the low 60's, when I'm not at work every day is a beautiful day!

Anyway, onto the Friday Random 20
  1. Lightness-Death Cab for Cutie
  2. What's it Feel Like to Be a Ghost-Taking Back Sunday
  3. Deep Inside-Incubus
  4. Eight Days a Week-The Beatles
  5. Crash Into Me-Dave Matthews Band
  6. Shut Your Eyes-Snow Patrol
  7. By Myself-Linkin Park
  8. But It's Better If You Do-Panic! At the Disco
  9. Crazy Game of Poker-O.A.R.
  10. Snake Charmer-Rage Against the Machine
  11. Dreaming-System of a Down
  12. From a Balance Beam-Bright Eyes
  13. Outta Mind (Outta Sight)-Wilco
  14. Warning-Incubus
  15. Highway to Hell-AC/DC
  16. Sad Happy-Cold
  17. Bleed American-Jimmy Eat World
  18. Love and War (11/11/46)-Rilo Kiley
  19. Keep Em Seperated-The Offspring
  20. Girl You Have No Faith in Medicine-The White Stripes
Keepin It Real Since 1980,
Tom

No comments: