Monday, August 14, 2006

Wish Harder Next Time

Well by the time the tournament started there were 726 players in it and the prize for first place was $34,848.

I was better than half the field!!

I finished in 355th. I was doin pretty good when I got coolered shortly before the second break. I was in the small blind with 96 and the button called, I called and the big blind checked.

The flop came 2 6 9, no suits.

I bet, got raised, button called, I reraised, and both called me.

Turn came a 4 putting a diamond draw out there. I bet, got two calls.

River came an ace, I bet, got one call, the button raised, I called, and the big blind called.

The button showed 22 for a set of twos, I mucked my two pair, and the big blind mucked his 92. So that means the button hit the case 2.

Heartbreak.

After that it was pray for a hand good enough to go in on, and it never came. Finally settled on 10-9 in the BB and went up against KQ. He flopped Q, good game me.

I also finished my fantasy football draft. This draft is the first of 4 that I'll be in this season. It's a public league on CBSSportsline. Here are my 4 leagues and the buy ins.
  1. $100 Public league on CBS. This is the one I just finished drafting in.
  2. $175 American Fantasy Football League. This is the league I've been in the longest, and I share ownership of Swamp Nutz with Billy. We did so good last season we got the first pick this year!!
  3. $25 league I've started with a bunch of people I work with. This will be the leagues first year of existence.
  4. $10 Full Tilt Forum Fantasy Football League. It's the second year for this league filled with members of Full Tilt Forum. Panger won last season's championship.

Anyway, here's the team I drafted tonight.

  • Peyton Manning-QB
  • Ben Roethlisberger-QB
  • Domanick Davis-RB
  • Reggie Bush-RB
  • Rueben Droughns-RB
  • Thomas Jones-RB
  • Eddie Kennison-WR
  • Rod Smith-WR
  • Muhsin Muhammed-WR
  • Heath Miller-TE
  • Marcus Pollard-TE
  • Jeff Wilkins-K
  • Baltimore Ravens-Def.
  • Kansas City Chiefs-Def.

They made me draft two tight ends which pissed me off. I kinda need some depth at wide receiver there. If I had to guess how my team is going to do, well....let's just say here's hoping Peyton Manning throws for 40 touchdowns, cuz it's pry the only way I'll win.

Unless Reggie Bush blows up.

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm betting bush has a great season for you.

but no, i WON'T trade him for larry johnson.

Fornelli said...

How about for Larry Johnson AND Clinton Portis? He's hurt ya know...dump him while you still can.

Hrbek said...

if you people are trading bush, the fbi will know about it soon enuf. nh privacy.