Friday, July 21, 2006

They'll Pass You By

As I prepare for a weekend filled with nothing but work, I yearn for Monday.

Why?

Well cuz I don't have to work on Monday, which is always nice, but I shall be getting something in the mail that day as well. Once I get it, I wouldn't plan on seeing or hearing from Your Humble Blogger for at least a few days.

Hell I may even call in sick to work.

What is it that could cause this type of anti-social deviant behavior on my part?



Oh yes, it is THAT time of year. When the leaves turn colors, and drunken students return to campuses nationwide to cheer on their football teams. Just the thought of it brings a tear to my eye.

It's only July you say? Well no shit asshole, I'm talking about in the video game, not real life.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I know that most football video gamers tend to swear by Madden. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Madden too, but nothing tops the college game. They don't have the option offense in Madden!

I remember a few years ago, my friends and I had a long standing rivalry in college football. It was way back in the day of the original Playstation. The Leemer, Silvio, Billy, and I each took a team from the Big Ten and played in dynasty mode. Everyday after class at the lovely Triton Community College we would head to my house. Once there we would battle each other for hours on end before ending up at Denny's or Vu's house drinking.

The Teams

  • The Leemer-Wisconsin
  • Silvio-Ohio State
  • Billy-Michigan
  • Myself-Penn State

Before it was all said and done, we played through 14 seasons. Billy won the first 2 championships, and I won the last 12.

See, the Penn State roster I'd inherited in the game wasn't that strong. After 2 solid recruiting classes, I finally got my squad. I didn't lose A GAME for 8 seasons.

Ah...glory days.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway, it's Friday and it's time for the Random Ten.

  1. Clint Eastwood-Gorillaz
  2. Wonderful-Everclear
  3. Take Me Out-Franz Ferdinand
  4. We Major-Kanye West
  5. Can't Stand It-Wilco
  6. When the Levee Breaks-Led Zeppelin
  7. Shadowboxer-Fiona Apple
  8. Light My Way-Audioslave
  9. Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple
  10. Stir It Up-Bob Marley & The Wailers

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deadwood is the best motherfucking cocksocking show on tv, er, computer.

Fornelli said...

Have fun in Lombard.