Sunday, July 16, 2006

More Bitching and Moaning

Well the table closed after I busted, so I'm now realizing I have no HH to prove it. I guess you'll just have to trust me.

I'm in the $200 WSOP Main Event qualifier on Full Tilt getting more and more shortstacked by the minute. Now all night I've been playing my strong hands aggressively while calling with connectors and all that stuff. So I wake up in the BB (Blinds are 50/100, I have like 1450) with KK. The button makes a min raise, and I decide to switch it up and merely call.

Flop comes KAA.

I get that tingly sensation, and check. The button checks.

Turn comes a harmless 7 of hearts, putting a flush draw out there.

I bet 200 into the 450 pot, and the button calls.

River comes a 5 of hearts, completing the flush draw. I bet out 300 into the 850 pot. The button goes in the tank for the full 30 seconds.

He then goes all in.

It was at this point where it all started coming together.

...the min raise on the button????

The check on the flop?????

The call on the turn???????

Oh you have to be fucking kidding me.

I call even though at this point I feel I'm 50/50, and maybe this guy has AQ or 2 hearts...just please don't have...

The button shows AA.

NH, GG

8 comments:

Captain Caveman said...

Holy living fuck. Usually bad beat stories bore the shit out of me, but that is truly the worst beat I've ever heard (read).

I hope you called "no fair" and asked for a do-over.

Anonymous said...

horrible, yes, but i can beat it.

two tables left at a sizable tourney. in 6th place. dealt a pair of aces.

board flops AKK, two hearts.

to summarize the carnage that follows:

tingles
heart palpitations
sudden religious fervor
slow play
bet by chip leader
call
turn, rag
bet by chip leader
call
river, T heart
chip leader goes all-in
tears of joy
call
AAAKK beaten by a royal flush
first non-alcohol-related puking incident since childhood


which is to say, ouch, tom. gg.

Fornelli said...

Poker is the devil!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the devil...

WHY THE EFF ARE YOU NOT GOING TO PLAY WIHT US IN LOMBARD YOU FARKING LOSER?????

...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Fornelli said...

2 words

Work and plans.

Also cuz the stakes aren't high enough. I play for souls nukka!

Anonymous said...

"work and plans"

uh, two words?

(but i went to chicago public schools so my judgement is suspect.)

Fornelli said...

Work was one word, plans was the second. And is what we call a conjunction, used to link two words together.

Remember?

Conjunction Junction, what's your function? Hookin up words and makin sound right!

Not to be confused with

Vagina junction, what's your function? Takin in sperm, and spittin out babies!

Anonymous said...

i just spit out...

oh, never mind.