Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Filler

Ok so I still can't post pictures through Blogger, and I'm still incredibly annoyed by it.

Never the less I will fight my way through it and try to bring to you the best post that I can sans pictures. So let's get started.

FRIDAY RANDOM 10
  1. Hang Em High-My Chemical Romance
  2. Sugar-System of a Down
  3. One-Metallica
  4. Liquid-Umphrey's McGee
  5. Ship in a Bottle-Bright Eyes
  6. Dre Day-Dr.Dre
  7. Communication Breakdown-Led Zeppelin
  8. Kiss-Carrion Rogue
  9. The House Is Rockin'-Stevie Ray Vaughan
  10. Road to Nowhere-Talking Heads

Favorite Song-Sugar-It's about the Kambucha mushroom people sitting around all day. They need sugar for energy. I've long written to the Kambuchan Ambassador here in the States about the importance of a bowl of Frosted Flakes in the morning as part of a balanced breakfast. They continue to brush me off like some kind of diaper wearing transient.

Least Favorite Song-Liquid. I like Umphrey's, but I just got this album a few days ago and don't know it well enough to say that I like it. Like when you first meet a girl and you think to yourself, "I'm prepared to mount this woman, but I'm not sure I wanna listen to her talk just yet."

Favorite Album-System of a Down. I remember I got this album when it first came out way back in the day for like $6. $6 these days can barely get you a pack of cigarettes. Of course I quit smoking a long time ago, and now when I see how much people pay for them I laugh diabolically. It's the same thing I do when I see people at the gas station while I speed by on my Alternate Energy (Mountain Dew and a sense of self satisfaction) fueled feet.

*************

Fun interaction with customer yesterday.

A girl, pry around 17 or 18, asked me for help finding something. So I show her where it is and afterwards she thanks me, and in my most chivalrous voice I tell her,

"Anything to help a lady in need."

She then smiles turns around and yells to her friend an aisle over,

"Hey hoebag! I found it!!"

*************

The White Sox are playing like complete ass right now. No sugar coating it. They jump out to a 1-0 lead yesterday, to fall behind 2-1 next inning.

Then they retaliate and get ahead 5-2, before the Indians come back and take a 7-5 lead.

Then in the 7th Jermaine Dye(IMO Most Underrated Player in AL) comes to Jose Contreras' (Jose has a 13 decision win streak) rescue, and the teams by hitting a 3 run jack (His second of the day) with 2 outs to make it 8-5 White Sox.

Next inning Indians make it 11-8. They won 12-8, and took 3 of 4 from us, after we won the first game 11-0.

The Tigers lost 3 of 4 from the Yankees, so we didn't lose any ground there. (Didn't gain any either.) I'm in no way worried that we're gonna have trouble catching the Tigers. I mean there's still over 100 games to be played. The problem is letting the Indians win 3 of 4 from you is exactly what they needed to wake up.

So now for the next 100 games we don't just have to deal with Detroit, but Cleveland too.

What's comforting is that I know Ken Williams sees the problems we're having with our bullpen and knowing he'll fix that problem before long.

*************

In case you didn't know, the new Strawberry Milkshake Pop Tarts are delicious. Go to the store and buy a box. I'll wait.

*************

PICTURE OF THE DAY (Obviously it's hosted, not posted. Gangsta.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Golden Showers bring yellow stained sheets, but it's good for your skin!

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

No comments: