Tuesday, March 14, 2006

But Who Will Make the Meatloaf?!

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT

Go ahead, and read it. I can wait.

What a load of crap huh? I find what Matt Stone said to be dead on. Isaac Hayes had no problems when the show made fun of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, or Atheists, but touch scientology........

Then accuse South Park of being bigoted? They make fun of everybody equally. Hell Hayes never had a problem with voicing a character who's only goal in life was to bed as many women as humanly possible. He never had a problem when his character explained what a clitoris was to an 8 year old boy.

Besides that episode where they do make fun of Scientology did nothing but animate Dianetics. It's not like they made anything up, they actually presented the mythology behind the religion. For Christ's sake I was raised Catholic and I didn't start to cry when they did a whole episode devoted to priests needing to get better at hiding their love affairs with little boys. This same episode also included an alien race present in the Vatican as Catholics, and God itself. In the form of a giant spider.

I laughed. It's a cartoon. People REALLY need to lighten up in this country. It's getting really damn ridiculous.

Oh well. I can't really stay mad at him. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave. I'm actually looking forward to how South Park will incorporate this into the new episodes. Is Chef gonna die of VD? (I think if they gave him AIDS he'd probably sue) Will he just get married and leave town? Will he have to avenge the death of his parents to the Loch Ness Monster? Personally I'm rooting for the latter. I'm gonna have to get in touch with Matt Stone and Trey Parker about this.

I'm inspired to start a new poll. I'm gonna put it over there in the Take Your Pick box. Who is your favorite South Park character of all time?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

I'm about to start talking about the season premiere of The Sopranos, so if you haven't seen it, you may want to stop reading here.

First of all, if any of you think Tony is actually going to die, stop watching the show. I think it's fairly safe to say he'll be fine. My biggest clue (besided the fact killing him in the first episode make NO sense what so ever) is the fact that in previews you see Tony in episodes they didn't show last night. So unless the show takes the Lost route with all the crazy flashback seasons, I think it's safe to say 911 shows up just in time at Uncle Junior's.

Still I'm having trouble figuring out what was more disturbing, the 45 second hanging scene, or Janice (Aida Turturro) breastfeeding the baby.

I really didn't need to see either, but I must say the hanging scene looked REAL. Of course so did the breast feeding.

I also gotta say I'm thrilled that they just skipped through all the Tony/Carmela stuff. That story line just killed the last season and a half. I understood the reasoning behind it, but since they had to devote so much of each episode to it, the last few seasons lacked what people really want.

Death.

The action can't stop, Tony and Carmela's marriage is more soap opera, and if we wanted to watch soap operas we'd watch soap operas. I'm more interested in the business side of the family. The first episode is very promising though. It looks like this last (?) season will be one of the best, of course after waiting so long anything probably would have looked good at this point.

I saw a few other movies last week that I will review tomorrow or something. I need to go to work soon, and have to start getting ready.

Keepin It Real Since 1980,
Tom

1 comment:

steeler247 said...

Nice soprano's reset. I literally sat at the couch, hands extended, trying to help Tony get to the damn phone.

The hanging scene was one of the best scenes. It was too realistic and went on forever. I love the macabre.

This is gonna be one hell of a season. I for one feel they will never kill off Tony...