Thursday, July 27, 2006

Forget the War, I Have the Real Stories

First of all, it's my mom's birthday. So Happy Birthday mom.

Of course my mom has a hard time figuring out how to use the television, so she'll never see that, but it makes all of you realize what a wonderful son I am!

Anyway, sorry for slacking on this sucker. I did get NCAA 07, but that's not the reason behind my absence, as I haven't been playing it all that much. I've just been using most of my computer time to update my sports blog. That and I kind of promised to keep anything sports related to my sports blog, and the biggest thing on my mind right now is the White Sox. So I'm going to break one of my "rules" today.

THE FUCKING WHITE SOX ARE PISSING ME OFF.

In 2.5 weeks the Sox have gone from being 1.5 games behind the Detroit Tigers, in second place to 8.5 games behind the Tigers and in danger of falling into third place. After the Minnesota Twins just finished their lovely little three game sweep here yesterday, we're tied with them in second place. We are 2-10 in our last 12 games.

The offense can't score unless it's via a home run, and the pitching can't get anybody out. In other words, we're playing like the Cubs, not the defending champs.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Now I'm not part of the whole group of Sox fans who are in full blown panic mode. There's still 62 games left to be played, and the Sox have the talent capable of winning 18 of 20 games. I'm just wondering if by the time we start doing that it will be too late.

I admitted to myself and a couple others the other day that the White Sox will not catch the Detroit Tigers. The Tigers have not gone into a slump yet this season, which all teams do at some point, but when they do they're still too good of a team to have a prolonged slump.

Instead we need to focus on the Wild Card. Actually, no, scratch that. We need to focus on winning a god damn game first. One that Jon Garland isn't starting, cuz of those 2 wins in our last 12 games, Garland was our starter. He's the only guy on the team earning his paycheck right now. Everybody else should refuse payment until they earn it.

Now starting Friday the Sox have 6 games against two bad teams:the Baltimore Orioles and the Kansas City Royals. The way we've been playing we'll be lucky to win 3 of them. They better win all 6 though cuz right afterwards we get a steady diet of the Yankees, Tigers and Twins again.

On the plus side, the Chicago Bears have started mini-camp.

***************

Did you hear the big news yesterday?

Lance Bass of N'Sync is gay!!!

Well lemme be the 4,291st to say, NO SHIT.

I think I figured that out right about...................................here.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Also anyone else notice how he decided to come out of the closet after everybody forgot about who he was, and right before he has a sitcom coming out?

Celebrities will do anything to get noticed. Hell, his publicist probably had this planned for years.

"Don't come out now Lance, not while you're still in the public eye. Wait til after your 15 minutes are over, THEN come out and do the talk show circuit. You'll be an inspiration!"


***************

The future Mrs. Keepin It Real Since 1980 had to leave the set of her newest movie, Georgia Rule, the other day due to dehydration from working for hours in the 105 degree heat.

I'm sure the fact she was out getting plastered the entire night before had nothing to do with it.

Lindsay sweetheart, come on home and let daddy take care of you.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Oh and yes, I only mentioned this so I had a reason to post yet another picture of The Lohan.

***************

If you're like me, whenever you play Monopoly, you want to be the banker.

Why?

So you can cheat bitch!

It's easier to skim a lil off the top when you control the money, but unfortunately for us types the makers of Monopoly have made it tougher on us.

They're getting rid of Monopoly money and replacing it with Monopoly debit cards. The game will come complete with a little ATM thing that you use to add and subtract money from each players card, making it easier to keep track of the cash flow.

***************

I was reading this story in the Sun-Times at work last night, and laughed pretty hard due to a quote.

The article is about the fact that Big Buck Hunter, an arcade game, is taking off at bars in big cities like Chicago, New York etc. (Not in LA. Cuz in LA you're not allowed to do anything that remotely resembles fun for fear that somebody may see you having it. And that's not cool.)

So all over the country, hipsters and other anti-gun types are getting drunk at bars and then killing virtual deer.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It makes you wonder whether us urbanites will feel the desire to actually go out and kill ourselves some real live deer. Well, the folks who already are sure hope not. Take this quote from editor in chief of Buckmasters Whitetail Magazine, Russell Thornberry.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


''I thank God they are doing it in a bar. I'm not sure I'd want them hunting anywhere near where I was hunting. They'd be a danger to me and the deer.''


Cuz you know, Russell only wants to kill the deer, not put them in any kind of danger.

Myself, I've only played Big Buck Hunter while at a bar once. Let me just say that if you ever stumble across me, and I have a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other, running will not save you. I'm a killer, and I do not miss.


Keepin It Real Since 1980,
Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This comment was deleted because it wasn't funny.