Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday

Another Friday Random 10.

  1. Popular-Nada Surf
  2. Jumpin Jack Flash-Rolling Stones
  3. Change (In the House of Flies)-Deftones
  4. Arienette-Bright Eyes
  5. Do the Evolution-Pearl Jam
  6. Guerilla Radio-Rage Against the Machine
  7. Golddigger-Kanye West
  8. Eight Days a Week-The Beatles
  9. I'm a Wheel-Wilco
  10. Area Codes-Ludacris

Favorite Song-This is really hard cuz I do enjoy all 10 of these songs. So with deference to the band playing the song, and the album it's on I'm just gonna pick............fuck......um...........Change!!! Ya, Change by the Deftones.

Least Favorite Song-This is even harder than favorite. WTF? When did the Friday Random 10 become so difficult? I'm just gonna put down Area Codes cuz it's one of my least favorite Ludacris songs. Though I still like it!!! It's got a good message behind it.

Favorite Album-White Pony-Deftones. Me gusta Deftones. Will be seeing them at Family Values Tour in August. $10 lawn seats!!! That's awesome.



Today marks the beginning of the biggest sporting event in the universe.

The World Cup.

Now when it comes to soccer I kinda take the same approach Stephen Colbert does.

When our women's team is better than our men's team I just can't trust that sport. That and it's soccer. I never played soccer growing up, and I don't play it now.

It's just not a sport I can get into. I've tried too. During the last 2 World Cups I've tried to watch, and I don't get what's so great. All it is is 22 guys kicking a ball back and forth to each other, and if we're lucky somebody might score a goal. What fun is watching a sport for 2 hours when nobody ever scores?

Another sign that I'm not too into a sport is when I root for another country over my own. Yes, that's right, when Italy plays the US in a week or so, I shall be cheering on Italy.

Viva Italia!!!!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I left work early today. I have the president of the company, along with my boss mad at me. I thought it best to get the hell out of there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Few things I've been wondering

  • Why do old guys wear tube socks up to their knees when they wear shorts? I mean what the hell is the point of that? Why not just wear pants? I mean if you're wearing shorts to keep your legs cool, then wearing your socks like that is just gonna keep them warm. I can't wait til I'm old so I can go around dressed like an idiot. Think Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack, only louder.
  • Why don't prey just kick predators in the balls when they're being attacked? It's worked for women and girly men for years.
  • I know global warming is a pretty large issue, but how long until people realize that no matter what we do we're not gonna stop it? I mean ice ages take thousands upon thousands upon a few more thousands of years to get out of. We're still coming out of the last one, and when it's done we'll all just freeze over again. I'm no scientist or anything though, this just seems to be common sense to me. Besides, I'll be dead long before it becomes a real problem. Chicago won't flood til pry round 3041.
  • Why is it that when you go about 30-35 miles directly west of Chicago people develop southern accents?
  • If Uncle Rico really could throw that football clear over them mountains, how big of a signing bonus would he get, and would the Texans draft Mario Williams ahead of him too?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PICTURE OF THE DAY

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

1 comment:

Hrbek said...

tommy wrote "I can't wait til I'm old so I can go around dressed like an idiot."

that's it right there. asked and answered.