Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Fan Mail!

Well I wrote something yesterday, on my sports blog, in response to the U.S. loss to Ghana in the World Cup yesterday. I wrote that the US should ban soccer inside the United States, and that we should boycott all international competition. That the US should start it's own Olympics, without the world.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was intended to be sarcastic and just for laughs.

I thought maybe when I wrote that the Bush Administration could run a campaign to convince us that playing soccer funds Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups, people would get that this wasn't a serious piece.

Well, apparently, I give people too much credit.

So today I'm going to share with all of you some of the responses that I've recieved.

USASOCCERFAN wrote:
TO Tom Fornelli:
Yea sounds good, lets just compare how Americans play sports to throwing a kegger and have lots hot girls there. Exactly the same huh?? Hmmm, sounds good. NOT! I think YOU should go out there, and play the game and see how you do, since you seem sooo full of yourself. The US did a pretty good job, if you actually watch it and add it up, and if you look at it we actually had some cheap shots called on us. I am not entirely saying we didn't make any mistakes, because NO ONE is perfect. I am not gonna waste anymore of my time telling you what I think because the REAL Soccer fans wouldn't agree with you.


PB wrote:

If you think the U.S. sucks so bad why don't you move some where else with the rest of the people that only support our country during tragic times.


Conc wrote:

While the rest of the world is partying and enjoying themselves during the world cup go ahead and sulk - who cares about you anyway?


Ozzie Guillen wrote:

Tom Fornelli is a piece of shit. Fucking fag.

Patrick Burke wrote:

Piss poor article.

I'm unpatriotic cuz I don't like soccer!? Oh my god people are idiots. Still I must admit I love this kind of stuff. I think I'd rather have people rip me than compliment me. I can't make fun of people when they say nice things. Also someone let Mr. Burke know that it's a commentary/editorial. It ain't an article. The only piece of news in it was that the US lost to Ghana.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well it's Friday, so that mean's it's time for the Friday Random 10.

  1. Sunken Treasure-Wilco
  2. Back in Black-AC/DC
  3. Boom!-System of a Down
  4. Satisfy my Soul-Bob Marley and The Wailers
  5. Zero-Smashing Pumpkins
  6. Sick Sad Little World-Incubus
  7. Jeremiah was a Bullfrog-Creedence Clearwater Revival
  8. Magic Bus-The Who
  9. Hoochie Coochie Man-Muddy Waters
  10. Angelina-Zooma Zooma-Louis Prima

I'm not doing the best and worst song anymore. I like just about every song on my iPod, so trying to decide which I like the most, or least is stupid. I will say that the Mike Einzinger solo on Sick Sad Little World feels like an acid trip. It's awesome.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The White Sox just finished an insane three game sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals, one of the best teams in the National League, and also my favorite team not named the Chicago White Sox.

Why was it so crazy? Well look at this.

Game 1

The Sox had 26 hits, and scored 20 runs to win 20-6. That's right, 20-6. The last time the Sox scored 20 runs in a game was a decade ago in 1996 against the Milwaukee Brewers.

Game 2

The Sox had 16 hits, and scored 13 runs to win 13-5. All 13 runs were scored in the first 5 innings, so over a 14 inning span the Sox scored 33 runs. That's 2.4 runs per inning.

Game 3

The Sox had 1 hit, and scored 1 run. They won 1-0. It helps when the one person to get a hit for your team is Jim Thome. His hits have a tendency to go a VERY long way.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He kilt it. Part of me felt bad for the Cardinals rookie pitcher, Anthony Reyes. The guy was absolutely fantastic all night, made one mistake, and paid for it. Part of me thinks this game was karma for White Sox starting pitcher Freddy Garcia. Last season Freddy threw a 1-hitter against the Minnesota Twins....and lost 1-0. Last night he got to be on the other end of it after throwing 8 terrific shutout innings himself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Picture of the Day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Normally, this is where you'd find the funny caption. Today I just wanna know what in the hell makes somebody think that that looks good?

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

2 comments:

Heather said...

Forget freaking soccer, Tom Fornelli is unpatriotic because he likes the White Sox. :-P

Hrbek said...

but he IS patriotic because he thinks heather is hawt

1-1 for/against