Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fair Warning

While the weekend in Urbana was a lot of fun, and a welcome change of pace, returning home has brought life's ugly head back.

I'm in full blown Dickhead Mode.

I'm not really sure what caused it. I could blame work, but really I was in Dickhead Mode before I went to work yesterday. Being there only provided more reasons to be in it
. I was absolutely lost there last night. I hadn't been there in about a week, and there were some changes made while I was gone that nobody filled me in on, so I had to do a lot of learning on the fly.

I just get into these moods sometimes, as I'm sure a lot of us do, where I want absolutely nothing to do with anybody. When I do get this way it's really best that I don't socialize with people. All that happens is I find anything to piss me off, and I use it. For example on Friday night in Urbana Ted said something bout the fairweather fans at US Cellular Field, and I got pissed.

No real reason to. Ted was just making a smart ass remark like Ted always does. For some reason though I had to treat it like he was attacking me personally, and I start arguing back. It's stupid and I even apologized for it immediately after.

Also if I'm not answering or returning your phone calls, now you know why. (Though Donna, you might be more successful if you weren't calling me at 3AM on a Thursday.) I will, but if it's really important just leave a message.

Other than that the only 2 things I have left to say are:
  1. Stephen Colbert has really big balls
  2. Dwyane Wade is a fucking punk. He was NOT hurt in game 5 of the Heat/Bulls series last night. The more I watch him the more convinced I become that he's completely full of shit. You don't injure your hip like he claimed to do last night and then come back and have that kinda mobility and movement. It's all just more fuel for those damn "Fall down 7 times, stand up 8" commercials he does. He's fallen in love with his own persona.

Keepin It Real Since 1980,

Tom

1 comment:

t said...

Ive always prefered "computer sent from the future" mode.