Thursday, April 20, 2006

Return of Towelie

Well a week after South Park was censored by Comedy Central I didn't know what to expect on this weeks episode.

What I got was the triumphant return of my favorite character, Towelie.

For those unfamiliar, Towelie is a government engineered super towel, with a tendency to smoke some of the reefer.

He also sparked quite a catch phrase amongst me and my friends. Whenever one of us insulted each other by saying "You're an idiot." or something of that ilk, we would respond with "You're a towel!!"

Original Towelie Episode





Well in what has to be one of the weirdest episodes of South Park ever, Towelie killed that line. They used it over and over, and to be honest I'm kinda pissed off they brought him back. At the end of "Towelie" in the 4th season, Cartman said, "You're the worst character ever Towelie."

And he was right. Towelie is a one time character. You really can't bring him back and have plots surround him routinely.


Last Night's Episode



It only kills what was so funny about him. Unfortunately Trey and Matt didn't care. I'm guessing it may have something to do with Comedy Central not showing Mohammed in last weeks episode, and the two of em are probably kind of pissed about it. None of the four boys makes an appearance in last nights episode, and with the incredibly stupid storyline, you kinda get the sense that Trey and Matt don't care anymore.

I think South Park may be nearing it's end, and it sucks. It's not like The Simpsons, South Park is still a good show. It shouldn't end now, but I think it's going to.

I don't think the relationship between South Park and Comedy Central can be reconciled after last week, and it pisses me off.

No comments: