Monday, February 13, 2006

Viva La Finland!!!!

I'm extremely lazy lately when it comes to writing on my blog aren't I? Sorry about that. I'm just a very busy boy lately with work. Plus there's just not too much on my mind that I feel the need to write about. I've been reading a pretty good book lately that Panger got for me. (Thanks Panger.) It's called The Summer Game and its written by Roger Angell. He's a writer for The New Yorker. It's basically a collection of pieces he wrote on baseball during the 1960's. So far it's been a pretty interesting read, and I recommend it to any true baseball fan.

Also yesterday I bought a new cell phone. I don't need a new one, but dammit i
t's been a while since I treated myself to something totally unnecessary and cool. Plus with the mail in rebate I get it was only $50. I can dig that.

Other than all that let's see.


I've had a horrible run at poker lately, and am now somewhat convinced that the "Cash-out Curse" is totally real. I withdrew a pretty large sum of money from my
Full Tilt Poker account a few weeks ago, and have been getting absolutely reamed ever since. Panger said it's just my confidence and mind set that have been killing me. I say confidence and mindset have absolutely nothing to do with my Aces being cracked by literally any two cards repeatedly, and idiots sucking out on me. I'm in that horrible space where I can't beat bad players, and I can't beat good players. It sucks. My online bankroll hasn't been this low in a long LONG time. 2006 has sucked ass so far poker wise.

Work is still work. My boss was on vacation all last week, so at least it was a little bit more relaxed around the place. I got my hair did. My barber cut it a little too short for my liking but it's ok. He gave me an orange. He also told me that he was gonna leave the front a little longer so I could spike it cuz "All the young girls think the spiky hair is sexy now." (You have to hear it in his old country Italian accent to really appreciate the humor in that comment.) So my barber is giving me free fruit and trying to get me laid, so I got THAT goin for me...which is nice.

Well, I don't have much else to say, and there's this thrilling contest between Finland (my new favorite Winter Olympic country. AMERICA SUCKS!!!!! Bring it George. I ain't scurred.) and Switzerland. It's now 3-0 Finland. Women's hockey is sorta neat!!! I just wish they'd get into fights and pull each other's hair and pull the jersey's over their heads. Not cuz it's necessary for hockey to be good, but cuz I'm a male chauvinist pig.

Keepin It Real Since 1980, (4-0 FINLAND!!! FINLAND FUCKING RULES!!!!!!)
Tom Fornelli

1 comment:

Hrbek said...

those damn finlanders put a scare into the us chicks. til it was 7-3 that is.